Over time, teeth begin to weaken. This leaves them more susceptible to problems such as decay, cracks or discoloration. A dental crown can renew the appearance and function of a tooth.
Dental crowns can:
1. Protect a weak tooth from breaking
2. Hold a cracked tooth together
3. Cover and support a damaged or decayed tooth
4. Cover a severely discolored tooth
5. Restore a broken or severely worn tooth
Also, dental crowns are often used in conjunction with root canal therapy, dental implants or as an anchor for a bridge.
Crowns are typically made from porcelain to provide both strength and a natural appearance. Once treatment is complete, continue routine brushing and flossing. Keep regular office visits to help your crown last many years.
For more information or to request an appointment, contact Waterford Dental Arts.